ABOUT PATRICIA KING JACKSON
“As an independent consultant, I put all of my energy and passion into my relationship with clients. I am not distracted by the pressures of subordinate staff or of the need to grow a business.”
–Pat Jackson, Principal
Patricia King Jackson has spent thirty-five years in fundraising for educational and academic medical institutions. A graduate of Mills College in Oakland, California, she has held senior staff responsibilities at Bryn Mawr and Dartmouth Colleges, and she has served as the chief development officer in the fundraising programs at Fox Chase Cancer Center and Sidwell Friends School. During her fifteen years at Sidwell Friends, she raised over $85 million, bringing the annual cash flow from fundraising from under $2 million to over $10 million during that time period and winning the CASE Circle of Excellence Award in fundraising three times. As Vice President of Grenzebach Glier and Associates, a national firm specializing in higher education, Pat served as lead consultant to a variety of clients, including Chatham and Hood Colleges, Gallaudet University, and the University of California at San Diego and the University of Washington. She has planned and consulted on campaigns with goals totaling over $1 billion.
Pro Bono and Leadership Service
- President, Historic St. Mary’s City Foundation, 2006-2008
- Board of Trustees, Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), 1996-1998
- Member, Advisory Committee for Management Reporting Standards for Educational Institutions, 1996 and 2001
- Editor and Author, “Advancement in Special Sectors of Education,” The Handbook for Educational Advancement. Jossey Bass Inc, 2000.
- Author, with James M. Theisen, “Raising Funds for Independent Schools,” New Strategies for Educational Fund Raising, Michael J. Worth, Editor. ACE/Praeger Series on Higher Education, 2002.
- Author, “Why Fund Raisers Need Standards for Counting and Reporting Gifts,” CASE Currents, March 2005.
- Active speaker and presenter at CASE conferences.
- Board of Trustees, Maryland Historical Society 2013-
- Board of Directors, Historic St. Mary's City Foundation, 2000-2016